Board Development for Nonprofit Organizations
Broadfield Insight helps board members and senior leaders deepen their knowledge of governance practices, identify opportunities for improvement, and build boards that enhance their organization's impact.
Customized design and implementation of a process for creating a high-impact board: a board that works as a team to deliver value to the organization.
Step 1: Diagnosis
- In addition to consulting with leadership, diagnosis may include board and management surveys, in-depth interviews, meeting observation, document review, and group discussions.
Step 2: Intervention
- Tailored to address the organization's needs through:
- Facilitated discussions, retreats, workshops, and educational services;
- Provision of proprietary model documents and co-creation of customized written tools, such as performance goal setting and tracking, competency/skills matrices, board position descriptions, board member expectations, and board assessments;
- Review of by-laws and formal policies; and
- Any additional education, training, and advising services.
education, training, and advising services
- Education and Training Sessions
- Understanding roles and responsibilities
- Succeeding as a new board member
- Working effectively with the executive director
- Creating a high-performance board
- Ethical leadership
- Board Retreats
- Board Revitalization
- Work with leadership to improve board recruitment process
- Design and facilitate orientation, on-boarding, and training
- One-time or ongoing consultations when the board chairperson and/or the executive director needs an outside perspective